Friday, March 31, 2006

Resting Comfortably at Home

Jeff had a rough night with nausea last night and Drs. Drennan & Hughes thought it best to keep him around the hospital a little while today. They gave him some anti-nausea medicine which knocked him out for the better part of the day but by 4:00 p.m. he came around and felt better. It wasn't long after that he was showered, shaved, and discharged to home. We were lucky not to hit any of the D.C. rush hour traffic on the way home and we managed to make it home in time for pizza (much better than hospital food) with Wife #2 and the kids.

Our plan is to have lab work done twice a week, more tests (CT, MRI and another Otreotide Scan) on April 20th and a clinic visit on April 21st. If all goes well, we'll schedule the surgery for the removal of the tumors from the pancrease. Right now though, we have to concentrate on Jeff getting his strength and appetite back. I'm happy to report that he has barely eaten for the last three days, he has not taken any of his hypoglycemia medicine and has not had a blood sugar below 80 (yea!!). We'll be making an appointment with the Bethesda Endocoinologists next week to see if we can stop the hypoglycemia medicine since things seem to be much better than when it was prescribed.

Well everyone, it's been a long day....we're off to sleep (in our own bed again...whew). I'll see if Jeff will do tomorrow's post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff I am so happy to hear you are at home and feeling a little better. Take your time god is with all the time. Sometimes we think god gives us more than we can handle but we get together with the help. Thank god you have a wonderful wife and two beautiful children and wonderful friends with you. I know I never not seen you in along time but think about you and pray for you each day. I read this alot to see how you are doing well take care Love your cousin Kathy (Colleen sister)

Anonymous said...

Hey brother, I love the new dew. Sounds like things are going far better than expected. We will continue you to lift you up in prayer and I will call you soon so we can catch up!!!PS: I know where your coming from on the big screen, Amanda and I bought a plasma for christmas its awesome!!! love ya brother

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz and family,

I am so happy to know you are doing the best that can be expected and not a day goes by that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You are truly a blessed person with such a loving family and so many people who are praying for you all. I am here if we can do anything at all. I hope you know each and everyday just how much we love you all.

We will talk soon. Keep your chin up. Love your cousins, Colleen and John

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz!

Hope you got to either see or hear the Red Sox game. Our new center fielder C. Crisp looks good. Shilling's debut was awesome. Big Papi was the best as usual and Manny was being just Manny! :-)

I am hoping you and the family may make it up here this summer. I will try to get tickets to a game. (not the Yankees...they are already sold out!)

I need to send you some more "Boston" clothing for your closet!

Keep smiling!

Love Kathy and family

Hugs and Kisses to Linda, Brad, Brit and Justin!

PS Have I told you lately how proud I am of you! If not then, I am telling you NOW!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, Just got your blog address from Jack Graham, now I won't have to rely so much on Gina for news on you (she has been great at keeping us up to date). Glad to see that you are responding well to treatments...my family prays for your continued recovery. Spoke with a friend of mine in texas, and you now have a church in Garland TX praying for you too! Keep up the good fight...Scott Mattison