Thursday, February 07, 2008

Peaceful Day

Hi Everyone,

Jeff spent his morning getting the Bone Scan and I think his afternoon was spent getting the Verizon aircard set up so that he could get connected to the Internet. He was dozing off when I called tonight but we chatted briefly. The two hour time difference between Maryland and Colorado isn't always conducive to long conversations.

Anyway, his day sounded nicely uneventful - YEA! - and it looks like the Octreotide scan will be done tomorrow morning. There were no more spikes in his blood sugar (that he'll tell me about anyway), and his calcium and urine functions have come back to normal. He should be home resting comfortably by early evening on Friday. (Thanks for the help Gina!)

By the way, I talked to Jeff's Oncologist via e-mail today and she expects to have all the results and a treatment plan together by mid- to late- next week. Treatment should begin pretty quickly after that.

Thank you everyone for the kind notes and prayers!!! Jeff and I talk at least twice a day and I will make sure he knows to read the blog tomorrow....perhaps he will even add tomorrow's post. I may even be able to talk Brittany into sending me some new photo's of Jeff with his favorite furry friend (Fenway) so that I can post them over the weekend.

Til then....hug your spouse and kids for no reason today!

Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... It seems this cancer must be insane:
It keeps trying the same thing over and over and getting the same result - body-slammed by Jeff, Linda and modern American medical care!
I hope to hear that you're feeling good and back home by tomorrow, my friend... you've got a lot of packing to do pretty soon! j

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I'm sorry to see you are still having to battle. Keep up the good fight and we will continue to pray for you and your family. I will call you this weekend!!!! I promise. Hutch!