Sunday, February 24, 2008

Doing good after first week of chemo

Hi Everyone,

Jeff had an appointment with his Oncologist on Friday and she said that everything looked good. He will receive blood tests every Friday to make sure his platelets and blood counts are okay. There are still only a few symptoms from the chemo - the newest is fatigue and a flush face - both of which have subsided. Other than that, all is well (as best they can be) in Mingman's house.

FYI - there has been one bright spot in the last few weeks - Brad was accepted at West Virginia University and he's looking forward to being a college student. Luckily for us, it's just an hour and a half drive from my family's home in PA. Brittany is still waiting to see if she was accepted at WVU or Arizona State - hopefully she won't have to wait too much longer.

Also, for those of you who don't already know, Jeff and I are going to be grandparents and Justin is going to be a father!!!!! Justin and his smart, beautiful, and soon to be wife, Courtney, are expecting a baby boy in July - YEA!!! We (and they) are so excited and can't wait for the new arrival. If any of you knew Justin when he was little, you'll understand why Jeff swears he is going to buy the baby a drum set for his 1st birthday.

Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz!

So glad the blog is up an running again. Thank you Linda

I am so sorry I missed your call and was shocked to hear that you were back having treatment again.

You know everyone here in Stoneham is pulling for you. We all love you dearly!

Grampa Jeff and Grandma Linda sound good :) Congrats to Justin!

Tell "phil and lil" there are a lot of good colleges in Boston to consider and lots of family to watch over them.

Good news.... spring training for the Red Sox has started.

Will be checking in on the blog and if you, Linda or the kids need anything please let me know.

As Uncle Joe always said..."Keep the Faith"

Love you



Kathy, Kevin, Tommy, Joseph, Kristina, Sarah & Madisyn( tommy's daughter) Yes I am a grandma too! She is 2.

Darrell and Melody White said...

Jeff and Linda: Congratulations on the soon to be grandparenthood. Hope you get to enjoy the little bugger...it is hard to do in a long-distance situation. I only get to see my grandkids once or twice a year since they live in Oklahoma. Anyway, good to hear you are doing good, Jeff! You continue to be in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,

CONGRATULATIONS Grandpa or will it be Papa and Grandama or nana, You both will have to let us know. I am so happy for Justin and his bride to be Courtney. Justin is a fine young man, who grabbed my heart along with Brittany and Bradley from the first moment I spent with them. Justin will not only make a great hubby but an incredible loving Dad, he has had amazing role models of Linda and you. Enjoy this time because life just flys by.

I am so happy for Bradley and know Brittany's college decision will be coming her way soon.

It was so nice to talk to Brittany and Bradley the other night to wish them congratulations. I hope to be out there for their graduation. I had to call and send hugs your way. I love you all so much and I felt as the grinch would say "My heart grew ten times" that day (or something like that). Please give me a call when you can so I can make plans to get out there to see you all.

Jeff, I am so happy that you are hanging in there and I hear you have even made it to work Friday. Good on you. I am so proud of you.

Everyone sends there love and praying for you all each and everyday.

Sending hugs and kisses, your cousins from Boston, Colleen and John XOXO

p.s. John says the Red Sox game is still waiting for you back here.