Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More Testing

Hi Everyone,

Jeff and I talked today and he is resting as comfortably as can be expected. Between calls from our family/friends and the nursing staff taking blood sugars, vitals, etc., he isn't getting much sleep. His aircard arrived today so perhaps he can connect with the rest of the world sometime tomorrow. He mentioned that he is scheduled for a Bone Scan tomorrow and the Octreotide Scan is scheduled for Friday.

Jeff also got a visit from the Endo/GI folks today - the CT scan showed what MIGHT be a mass in his duodenum, the part that goes from the stomach to the small intestines, but further investigation is needed before coming to a conclusion. They seemed happy that he wasn't having any symptoms from it - that's slightly encouraging.

If all goes well, he'll be home Friday afternoon. I'm not sure when his Oncologist will have a treatment plan but I don't suspect it will be long.

Stay tuned!

Lin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Linda. If you guys need ANYTHING give me a call. Hope the new job is going well. Ffej, keep giving it hell my friend. Call me when you get home.

Love Steve

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

We love you. I will keep you in my daily prayers. We will be down to see you soon.

~barb

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I miss our conversations over the cube wall about undisclosed contractor non-performance my friend ;) We all miss you this week but are optimistic you could be back with us soon to share the joys of the office.

Keep your chin up, the sooner your back, the better you can mintor the competition between Russ and me over who is a bigger Loser :)

You are in my prayers.

-ana

Anonymous said...

Linda, thanks for imforming me that Jeff is back in the hospital. I spoke to Jeff seems like a couple weeks ago and had a great chat with him. He seemed to be doing pretty well. I am so shocked to find him back in the hospital. I'm looking forward to this new medicine working if he is given it. I miss Jeff very much and pray he gets well quick. I wish I was in the area to visit him. Friday is tomorrow. :-) Ronny

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Jeff, just thought Id get on here and say hello. Over here still on deployment, this one is going much smoother than the last. Hope this message finds you well, I am saying my prayers for you every night, Love you and look forward to coming down to visit once I get back!

GM3 Houghtalen