Friday, February 24, 2006

February 24, 2006 ... Day 4 at NIH... Morning Post

This morning we are just waiting around for the "pic" line to be done...Jeff's scheduled to have it done at 1:00 p.m. He's resting comfortably and we did several laps around the rather large nursing unit for exercise. As soon as the pic line is done, Jeff can take a shower and eat (yea!). It's amazing how the small things become important when you're in situations like these. So all is well today...Jeff continues to get better and will be homeward bound soon :)

I found this on the Internet while passing the time...though you might enjoy it as well:

"Just as spring's role is different from that of fall, so each of the seasons of our lives has a different emphasis, focus, and beauty... We cannot skip ahead to experience the richness of another life season more than a farmer can rush the spring."
Unknown Author

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Linda and family,

I have been praying for Jeff's full recovery and for all his family. I want to share a few Bible verses of God's word with you so that you might feel some comfort.

John 16:33 - I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

I Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This last one is my favorite.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

Keep the faith. I can only imagine what all of you are truly going through. I will keep praying for all of you and I will keep you on all my prayer request connections.

Love in Christ,

Tom Beringer

Anonymous said...

Jeff, You have been in my prayers since our brief meeting at Civista
(day you got your CT) A day has not gone by that you, Linda, and your entire family have not been on my mind. From reading the "blog" I can tell that you are a very special person with a wonderful support system in place.
May God bless you and hold you during this difficult time. More spritual food for thought...

Isaiah 41:13 - For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
God bless....Sharon White

Anonymous said...

Yo Cuz!

I hope there is something good on the menu today! I am thinking Italian would be nice! Hope you got to watch Idol last night. My favorites are still in it! My thumb is a little sore today flipping form Idol to Dancing with the Stars, and Olympics. I hope you have a great day! I will talk to you soon!

As our Uncle Joe use to say all the time " Keep the Faith up"!

Love you

Hugs and Kisses to the family!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey Brother,
Glad to hear you are doing laps already! Looking forward to talking to you soon..
Love ya,
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Jeff, Linda, and Family

You are so strong. Keep up the good work!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am a friend of Kerri's from Sullivan Tire and I wanted to offer any support I can.

Anonymous said...

hi jeff
looking forward to talking to you soon you are in my prayers and thoughts
love mom