Thursday, February 23, 2006

February 23, 2006 - Day 3 at NIH ... Evening Post

We've finally been moved to 3NW (5:30 p.m.) ...yea...that's progress.! Jeff stayed in the ICU a little longer than we expected because of his low blood sugar. It was nothing like yesterday but they had to give him the liquid syrup again (50% Dextrose) to get him back to normal. Other than feeling like "he's been hit by a Mac ... strike that... Dodge Ram Truck", he's doing pretty good. He hasn't eaten much during the day but Marie, his evening nurse, and I convinced him to have some chicken noodle soup and jello. With the aid of a sleeping agent tonight and the absence of bells and alerts from the ICU, he's hoping for a good night sleep...after American Idol of course.

Dr. Pingpank and Dr. Drennan, the surgeons who performed the procedure, stopped in before we left the ICU. They think they want to keep Jeff in the hospital until Saturday and monitor his low blood sugars a little longer. They have also asked Dr. Gordon, an Endocrinologist, to see Jeff tomorrow. As of right now the plan is to give Jeff a "pic" line so that he can have an IV during the night with 10% glucose. That seems to do the trick with keeping his blood sugar stable.

Thank you to everyone who has posted comments. Jeff really enjoyed reading them and hearing from "the outside." It's comforting to know that you're all there! Jeff sends his love and wanted everyone to know that he appreciates your support. I'm hoping that he'll take over this blog when he's feeling a little better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi jeff
im thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers talk to you soon
love mom

Anonymous said...

hi jeff
im thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers talk to you soon
love mom

Ronny said...

Hi FFEJ. I'm so glad you are doing ok. I tried to call you and then spoke to Linda. As soon as you are able to call, please do so. I'm here for what ever you need. I love you bro. Keep up the good work as I'm sure Linda will push you to keep you on track. Sounds like you have the best Doctors to get you well. Stay with the treatment and you should do fine. Keep the faith.

Love Ronny, Cindy and Austin

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Annette say HI. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jeff and Linda,
I hope your night went well. American Idol didn't go as well as I had wanted. I really wanted that brat girl Brenna gone. I just hope she doesn't make it into the top 12. We really miss you guys down here. Hurry home.
Love you two, Gina