Thursday, June 22, 2006

Resting & Walking

Jeff continued to rest and recover today. His blood sugars have remained normal, his pain is still controlled with the epidural, and he has taken several walks around the unit today. He still isn't allowed to have anything to eat or drink but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. My guess is that by tomorrow he will be ready for something to eat. Dr. Greer, Dr. Royal's resident, said that if everything continues to improve Jeff can probably start clear liquids tomorrow. Of course, his options with clear liquids are pretty limited but I guess it's better than the ice chips he's enjoying now. They removed the dressing around Jeff's incision today and there is a little redness that they will monitor very closely. There still isn't any decision on how long we'll have to stay here but if I were a betting woman, I'd say we will get to go home on Monday.

Brit, Brad and Sharon (Wife #2) are all doing well. They have had a busy week with drivers education and "official" driving lessons. Perhaps the timing for the class worked out good after all. I think it gave the kids and Sharon something to do this week besides worry.

2 comments:

Ronny said...

I love good news!!

Jeff, you make me proud. Way to go with all this. I'm glad you are strong. Wish I could be there to see you through this. You are in good hands. Did you ask for flavored ice chips? Doubt if they would give you any but hey, never know??? I look forward to talking with you soon. Keep the faith as I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Ronny

Anonymous said...

My friend, the news is GREAT! If only I could be there by your bed side. Say the word and I'm there as I know you would be for me as we have been for each other over the last 26 years. Linda, thank you so much for the constant updates, I just talked with wife #2 and her voice was very positive. My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend for you and your family. Give me a ring ring when you can. Rest and take care if yourself.

Love ya bro. Steve