Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ooops...I missed a day

Jeff continues to recover and rest. He has been able to take a shower (with some close supervision by me to make sure he's safe to stand alone and doesn't get his dressings wet), he's had the central line in his neck removed this afternoon (after they put a fresh peripheral line in his arm...he was not a happy camper about that since it took two tries), and started was able to have a clear liquid diet as of last night.

There is still no mention of when Jeff can go home but he and I are taking bets. He's thinking Friday and I'm hoping for Thursday. Of course, the doctors aren't telling us what they are thinking and they are the ones that count. I don't think they want us to rush. Dr. Royal said that Jeff is doing extremely well and much better than other patients with his type of surgery.

Jeff spends most of his day dozing off, taking walks around the unit, listening to cd's and watching movies with me. He's not up to reading yet and surprisingly hasn't complained about being bored yet. I think I'd go stir crazy if I was in his shoes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Cuz!

Keep the good work but take it SLOW!!! I wish we had pics in your hospital "jogging" suit as you attempt the 3NW marathon.

We all love you!

Kathy & Kevin and the rest of the New England Clan

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff and Linda,

Ok, so put 10 bucks down for me on a Friday discharge. I know everyone wants Jeff home, but I think Friday is on the safe side. Keep up the laps Jeff, you'll be out before you know it!

Love you all, Gina

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey - it sounds like you are doing very well. It just takes time to recouperate. So dont get impatient - let your body heal. It was a year after I had peritonitis before I felt wonderful again - and you will too. All my love and prayers. MOM (g)

Ronny said...

This all reminds me of bootcamp. First you lose your hair, then you have to pace (Run) around the grinder until you get enough training to move on. Just thought I would bring back some memories. I am so glad to hear Jeff is getting better (YOU BETTER!) Just wish I was closer to come and see you. You know, you guys could always move back to Florida and follow me heheheh. We love you all and look forward to Jeff getting well. I bet it's Friday you get to go home but they know best so hang in there (I'm on Jeff's side as always!).

Love,
Ronny, Cindy and Austin Fort

Anonymous said...

Dear Jeff and Linda my bet is on Jeff but don't rush it. You have done wonderful I am so proud of you. You are truly my inspiration. I wish you live closer to me so I can see you I wish you come back to New England but I don't think so. Take it one day at a time. Love your cousin Kathy (Colleen sister)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,

My thoughts and prayers are with you each and everyday. I am very proud of you and you keep on keeping on. I love you very much and remember progress not perfection. I hope to see you soon and give you a big hug. I am so sorry it took me so long to send this but I just started back in school, ugh.

Linda thank you so very much for doing an outstanding job keeping us all in the loop. I know it is not easy with everything you are manageing but I really appreciate it. Hugs to all. :^)

Love your cousin, Colleen (and John)

p.s. Keep routing for the Red Sox, so far you luck has done them well. Go Sox